We are groups of Christian women also comprising women pastors, ministers, intercessors, counsellors, scattered all around the UK, Africa, Europe and the Americas.
We are bounded together with a heart to intercede and disciple women into prayer whilst also praying for one another. Jesus Women International Prayer Movement is a UK based Charitable Company. It was founded on the 7th of July 2011 in Nottingham by Moji Obasa, the vision had been given to the founder by Jesus Christ to gather women to pray without ceasing in awaiting His second coming but for fear and various reasons the founder sat on it for 15yrs!
But a recent trip to Isreal in 2011 brought home the reality and the urgency of this vision as the Lord Jesus Christ impressed it upon the founder again in Bethlehem.
To arise and gather women together discipling them in praying and praying for one another in preparing the way for Jesus’s second coming as well as healing the sick and raising the dead.
The founder was reminded about his word in Isaiah 61 :1 “The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners,”
The Founder relocated to Oxford and the ministry was launched there on the 15th of March 2012 on the platform of the Oxford Women Conference at The Cherwell School in Oxford. We operate non-denominationally but are Jesus Focused, as he is our way, our truth and light.
The parable in Mathew 25 vs. 13 suggest that we should keep the watch.
Mark 14 vs. 38 Jesus admonish that we should watch and pray lest we fall into temptation.
Ezekiel 22::31“And I sought for a man among them that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none. .
We want to be the ones raising up this hedge with other women across the globe so that our nations, families, cities will not be destroyed by the wrath of God.
Moji Ruth Obasa holds a degree in Business Management, a Post Graduate Diploma in Politics and International Relations, an HND in Media, a Certificate in Theology and Pastoral Studies, and a PGCE Cert Ed in Further Education.
She had been a Journalist for over 10yrs in Nigeria, prior to moving to the UK, a human rights activists who covered the Common Wealth heads of states meeting in Edinburgh Scotland in 1997 for the News Magazine based in Nigeria, as a former journalist she was part of the former NADECO and had worked as a journalist with the former vice president of Nigeria late Gen Musa Yar’dua.
Moji was a pro-democratic activist her determination for human rights forced her to fight the military rule with others, which was like biting the fingers that feed her as her dad was a military officer, she came to England as Refugee in 1996. Moji believes that our life’s journey and experiences does eventually become useful even when answering His call, no knowledge or experience is wasted. Her favourite bible verses are many but specifically Isaiah 54, Jer: 29:12, most importantly: Ezekiel 22::31“And I sought for a man among them that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none.
Moji has had career in Retail, Education and in the food which span 25 years. The Lord called the founder into this assignment and it took her 15 years of struggling to heed The Call but to the Glory of God, Moji heard clearly after a 21 days fast and 21 days of night vigil to start the Ministry full time, thus the Ministry was launched on the 7th of July 2011. Moji had hosted in her home for three years some women from the Lydia International Prayer fellowship UK. When the Lydia meeting finished moji started in her home, to meet with women in her community for another four years. Through her former Charity Afrik, she had worked with Pastors in her community, she had also assisted about four African pastors set up churches in her Local area of Nottingham and had been an intercessor for the most of her life. A worshipper who has also attended Aglow women’s meeting amongst other meetings in her local area. Moji in 2006 flew to St Louis Missouri to work as a volunteer for the Joyce Meyer Women's conference. Moji was also part of the midnight intercessors for the Benny Hinn ministries who prays around the world at Midnight in their homes on the prayer requests. A former lecturer, Recruitment Consultant, an African Caterer, a former journalist, a human rights activist and a Consummate networker. Moji had project managed her former charity Afrik which helped to integrate over 500 African Families into the British Culture in Nottingham, for almost ten years. She has worked with Local Authorities, Universities and Colleges across the East midlands, she almost became a parish councillor for the British Labour party but God had his own agenda, she lost gallantly to another Labour party member in 2011.
* To disciple women in prayer and take them to heaven
* To prepare women for Christ’s second coming
* To equip women with transferable skills for empowering them
* To work with women leaders and create women leaders
* To provide an enabling biblical knowledge base for women through planned programmes
* To help women take control of their finances, career and relationships
* To provide the relief of need and hardship to elevate poverty worldwide beginning with the UK, USA and Africa
* To demonstrate the healing power in the name of Jesus through planned crusades and programmes
* There is one true God, eternally existing in three persons – Father, Son, and Holy Spirit
* Jesus Christ is LORD, the living Word, who became flesh through His miraculous conception by the Holy Spirit and His virgin birth. Hence, He is perfect Deity and true humanity united in one person forever.
* He lived a sinless life and voluntarily atoned for human sins by dying on the cross as a substitute, thus satisfying divine justice and accomplishing salvation for all who trust in Him alone.
* He rose from the dead in the same body, though glorified, in which He lived and died.
* He ascended bodily into heaven and sat down at the right hand of God the Father, where He, the only mediator between God and humanity, continually makes intercession for His own
* Adam and Eve were originally created in the image of God. They sinned by disobeying God; thus, they were alienated from their Creator. That historic fall brought all people under divine condemnation.
* Human nature is corrupted. As a result, all people are totally unable to please God. Everyone is in need of regeneration and renewal by the Holy Spirit.
* Salvation is wholly a work of God's free grace and is not the work, in whole or in part, of human works or goodness or religious ceremony. God imputes His righteousness to those who put their faith in Christ alone for their salvation and thereby justified them in His sight.
* It is the privilege of all who are born again of the Spirit to be assured of their salvation from the very moment in which they trust Christ as their Savior. This assurance is not based upon any kind of human merit but is produced by the witness of the Holy Spirit, who confirms in the believer the testimony of God in His written word.
* The Holy Spirit has come into the world to reveal and glorify Christ and to apply the saving work of Christ to individuals. He convicts and draws sinners to Christ, imparts new life to them, continually indwells them from the moment of spiritual birth and seals them until the day of redemption. His fullness, power and control are appropriated in the believer's life by faith.
* Believers are called to live so in the power of the indwelling Spirit that they will not fulfil the lust of the flesh but will bear fruit to the glory of God.
* Jesus Christ is the Head of the Church, His Body, which is composed of all people, living and dead, who have been joined to Him through saving faith.
Hexagon House, Avenue 4 Station Lane, Ox28 4BN